Ethan woke up this morning especially sweet spirited. He is usually a morning person and is very happy to wake up each day (unlike his mother). Our morning routine usually consists of him trying to drag me out of bed so that we can wake up Hayley and go downstairs for cereal, fruit, and waffles. Our breakfast conversation usually goes something like this:
(Mom) "So Ethan, what did you dream about last night?"
(Ethan) "Just about doggies, monsters, swords, and dragons"
(Mom) "Oh, that's nice"
This morning was a little bit different. I asked him the usual question anticipating the usual response. This time it went like this:
(Mom) "So Ethan, what did you dream about last night?
(Ethan) "I dreamed about Jesus"
(Mom) ..gulp, "Really, what did he say?"
(Ethan) "He told me that he loved me and that he missed me"
(Mom) sniffle, sniffle

I just love those precious moments. Kids are the greatest reminder of how thin the veil really is!
10 comments:
So cute! I love hearing stories like those. Kids are so fun!
Wow! It's a good thing you have a blog now so you are sure to write these sweet memories down. Thank you for sharing that!
WOW!! That made me cry. I LOVED Elder Ballard's talk too. It was just what I needed too. :)
That is so sweet! Brady loved the call from Jeff last night, it was good to hear what you are up too!
SO SWEET! That is such a great story!
WOW! :-)What a priceless story!
Kids are amazing!
Love your blog as well, we do need to get together again. My MIL signed me up for the pyrex etching in your ward, so maybe I will see you then. Your Ethan is a doll! I wish I had his dream...
Ashley
He has such a sweet spirit. I love him so much and I miss you all more than words can describe.
That IS sweet! Thanks for sharing!
Ethan is the cutest, sweetest, handsomest little boy ever! Oh man do I want to give him a big hug right now. Tell him Aunt Rayna loves him.
Post a Comment