Sometimes, living in PA feels like living in a jail. I know that there are plenty of people that like winter but come on now.....6 months of it? Of course, these complaints are coming from a CA girl through and through but I've lived out of sunny california for almost 13 years. I braved the bitter cold of Rexburg, ID for 2 years, Provo and Salt Lake City Utah for 8 years, and now PA for almost 3. Enough is enough. I know that the plus side of living in cold climates is the ever popular "change in seasons" but when half the year is winter...how can anyone truly like this? It would be one thing if we actually got snow this year. Snow I can handle....the kids like to play in it and it's typically not too cold outside. But the bitter cold and wind off an on for almost 6 months is a little excessive. Moral of the story...I miss California. I know CA doesn't ever have "White" Chrismases but I've actually never experienced a "White Christmas" in those 13 years of living in winter climates. I know I'm rambling, but I'm just plain sick of the cold. As shown in the picture below, it looks like my kids are sharing my frustrations. Stay tuned in July for my complaints of being 9 months pregnant in PA during the hottest and most humid month of the summer...

Ethan: "Mom, could we go outside and ride my bike?"
My response for the 182nd day in a row: "Sorry buddy...it's too cold outside"
Okay, I'm exaggerating a little...but only a little.

Eating Rita's FREE water ice on the 1st day of spring. Notice the hats and winter coats....need I say more? But...it was free....and I'll go anywhere and any distance for something free these days!
12 comments:
I can't blame you for fighting against the freeze! Cold is not your friend. I'm all sort of T'd off that it wasn't warm enough to lay out by the pool this weekend. What? You mean it's not the same thing? Come on - I've got to have something to complain about.
Okay, all joking aside - have you taught Ethan about the dangers of sticking your tongue to a frozen piece of metal yet? It's never too early you know. I'll never forget the day my Dad conned me into trying that one out. Let me just say it was not a shining moment in my life. I never thought my Dad would lead me astray like that...
You probably don't want to hear that we had a beautiful day with weather in the mid-sixties. Time to move home, girl.
Well my dear, that is why you have to move to Washington. If you live on the East side of the Mts. you would not have to deal with an Eternal winter. YUCK!! That is one thing I do not miss about back east....the frightful weather!
Miss you girl!
i feel your pain. we have had rain, which i love, but the kids get so tired of being couped up. we all want some freedom.
From a CA boy...
Mojave Dessert = 125 degrees.
Virginia = 95 degrees + cold winters.
I pick Virginia. Never again will I live in a desert. Never ever again.
I don't know how all you people living in the cold survive it. What must it be like to have 6 months of that couped up with little kids in the house? I know quite a few of you now--Lisa in Utah, Chris in Spokane (5 inches of snow last week), my sis-in-law in Michigan, my friend Julie in Magna, UT. Still, I would like to experience life back east just once in my life.
I feel your pain Janell. What gets me through the endless winter is knowing that an awesome summer is coming with perfect temperatures in the 80's. The only way we survive being couped up for so many months is by putting the kids bikes and scooters in the unfinished basement where they can ride around and get some energy out. Chris took the boys outside yesterday to ride bikes in the 35 degree weather. Needless to say, they lasted about two minutes. Luckily we're supposed to be getting 50 degree weather this week. That actually sounds like a heat wave to us!
COME TO CA!! COME TO CA!!! We miss you!!!!!!!!
Love the picture!! That is why we live in sunny St. George.
Oh, come now .... it's not been that cold this winter. You can verify this with Rachel, but I never busted out a winter coat this year. Sure, I wore a windbreaker on occasion (mostly to cover the fact that I wasn't wearing a tie to church, though) but never once broke out the heavy artillery to fight the cold.
We missed free Rita's day, though ... poo.
I was just checking out our weather here in Virginia Beach and it looks like after tomorrow we are supposed to have 13 days of 70's!! That I can handle!
Okay, I just noticed those cool built-in car seats your kids are in. What kind of car or van is that???
Post a Comment