A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to go to the DC Temple with my Young Women. It was a 3 hour drive each way but was well worth it. On the way there, we stopped at an amazing pizza place called Armand's near the Temple. Our session at the temple lasted almost 4 hours. It was surreal to be there as the Young Women's President as it really feels like I was there as a 12 year old just yesterday. Several of my young women were there for the first time and it was neat to see their testimonies of the Temple grow right before my eyes. The DC Temple is indescribable. It's so much tougher to get there often because of the drive but once you are there, you appreciate it that much more.
5 comments:
Sounds like a fun temple trip with those cute girls! I'm glad you are finally blogging! I like to think I helped to convince you ... :) It's a lot better than MySpace right?!
Yeah...now a Jewett to join the blogosphere. Very cute. I can't believe you live amongst all those fun attractions. Your kids are so adorable! I can't help but to call your little Ethan, Jeff Jr.
-Susan(cousin)
Hi It's Lorena(cousin /Dave's wife)I just discovered your blog through Tiffany! It's so nice to see you all. Your kids are so cute!!I want to invite you to my blog, E-mail me at=
my name/last name@gmail.com
Isn't that the most amazing temple? I got to go there 10 years ago and I was in awe of the Celestial Room. I was wondering which is your "official" temple back there? Is it D.C?
P.S. I sent you another blog invite.
I miss the DC Temple. I grew up in Virginia, about a 45 min trip for our baptism trips in my youth. Rachel and I were sealed there, and I took my endowments there as well. I used to get to see it everyday I worked during the week on my trip to and from the office. Day versus Night, Night is definitely better.
Post a Comment