Jeff and I woke up yesterday morning feeling like we'd been hit by a semi. Our symptoms are all over the charts. Can't figure out if it's a cold or a flu. So, I politely plead with my kids to go easy on mommy since I was sick. So, Jeff went off to school and I fed the kids breakfast while taking sitting breaks every 2 minutes since I couldn't stand up for longer than that. During their morning show (Super Y), I dosed off for literally 15 minutes, and woke up to a massive tornado in my front room and kitchen. They managed to open the 36 roll bag of Costco toilet paper and spread it all over the house (at least they didn't unwrap each roll), draw all over the couches and walls with chalk, and take every utensil out of my silverware drawer. So much for going easy on mom. If this is what it's going to be like when I'm nursing the new baby and totally defenseless...heaven help me. Where's the love? The pictures below actually look clean compared to what it ended up looking like by the time the day was over.
I love how Hayley is pantless and has 1/2 if a pig tail left. Thank goodness we had no unannounced visitors!

Naughty Naughty. Glad they had so much fun at my expense.
We ended up playing with toilet paper rolls for about an hour. I found out they're great for playing catch and building towers too! Why buy toys when you have TP?
Ethan's attempt at mimicking Superman later that day.
Hayley continuing on with the trend of destruction and unpacking my purse. Maybe I should put her in charge of paying the bills from now on
14 comments:
I think they know when they can get away with more. Kids are crazy sometimes. At least it was chalk. Here we have had permanent marker on the carpet (it can be cleaned up with alcohol), other markers, and crayons. We've also experienced Desitin on the carpet (that was when I was expecting Samantha and had terrible morning sickness). Just know you're not alone and I feel your pain.
By the way, sorry to hear you and Jeff are sick. Hope you feel better soon!
Wow! Your kids are fast! Taking care of kids when you're sick is the worst. Get well soon!
It is amazing what kids think of. The other day I was sitting at the computer and Parker was a little too quiet. I had given him an old cell phone that he had submerged in the toilet and preceeded to put it in his mouth, with toilet water all over him...He was happy as a clam!! It's a good thing I'm not a "freak out mom" or else this would have sent me over the edge!!
Oh, there's nothing worse than feeling sick and having your house destroyed at the same time. I hope you guys are feeling better.
Hope you feel better. I've been in that boat before and will again I'm sure. Not fun, but looks like you had a good sense of humor about it. :) Heidi
Nellie, I hope you are feeling better. I love your posts, they are always so funny. That pic of Ethan flying is amazing and I cant believe how much Hayley looks like you. I love you all and will see you soon!
I love that you guys ended up really enjoying the TP! What fun times...even when you are deathly ill!
I just wish I was there so I could play with some TP. I can't get over how much I miss your kids. I love you tons. Just make sure that you don't have to much fun without me.
This is from Papa J.
At least they got into something they could bend, smoosh, jump on, smash, throw and not hurt themselves. Ethan, I really believe YOU ARE SUPERMAN, oops, SUPERBOY. You fly better than Papa. Hayley, it looks like you will be following in Aunt Shanda's footsteps as a make-up artist....
Ethan and Hayley, YOU GO! Of course your Mommy never did anything naughty when she was little, and I never napped....
JK Love ya, GMops
Sadly, this is what our home is like the majority of the time. I love all the pics, especially Ethan lined up on the toilet paper like a corpse, and him flying through the air!
Miss you and the kids more than I can say!
Love ya,
Neener
I wish I still lived downstairs so I could take those 2 (very cute) kids! It's amazing how fast they were. Can't wait to see pics of you little one :0)
Jamie
Are you feeling better yet? Hope you had a good holiday!
Thanks for totally making me laugh with your pictures. Your kids are too cute! I hope you are feeling better!
hilarious girl.,,of course from this end. i have been there! i do hope you get feeling well. prego and sick, not fun. it will soon be over though. good luck!
~heather, Melia's sis
Post a Comment