I know...I'm 4 days late...but I figure better late than never. Of course, I should blog about my sweet husband since I consider him to be one of the best dad's on the planet but I'm going to save blubbering about him for our anniversary in 2 weeks. So, daddy, this one's for you. Really, I just don't know where to begin. I don't know how I was so blessed to have such an amazing dad. I literally consider him to be one of my best friends. I have very vivid memories of when I was very little of counting down the minutes until my dad got home from work so that I could race my sisters to hug him first at the door. My dad, aka "Papa J", was meant to have all girls. Although he was raised rough and tough...my sisters have turned him into nothing more than a giant cream puff. I can talk to him about anything and he is there to support me in any way possible. He is not only an amazing dad, but he's even a better Papa to our kids. Kids just flock to him. Dad, thank you so much for putting up with me for the past 31 years. I put you through some pretty rough times but you've always stuck by my side. I love you more than you'll ever know. Happy Father's Day!

Our family the day we were all sealed together in the LA Temple. I was only 6 so I don't remember whole lot....but I am sure proud of my dad for finally accepting the gospel. He investigated the church for nearly 11 years. As you can imagine, this was a very special day for my mom.

Papa with Ethan when he was 8 weeks old
Just chillin with the grand kids and popcicles
Papa teaching Ethan & Hayley a few tricks in the pool
My dad insisted on wearing a visor up side down to block the reflection off his belly. He's so stinkin funny!

I stole this picture off my mom's blog. Don't you think they should enter it into a contest? This is my parents backyard. My dad feels most in his element in the water!
5 comments:
LOve the pictures! I have never seen anyone wear their visor that way, but it's pretty smart. And that last won should be entered into a contest!
i love your dad, too, Janell. he's just a big teddy bear and has a great sense of humor. i miss seeing him and your mom.
Nellie, You brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for this tribute to the most amazing Dad in the world!. We are so lucky that we get to share him. Love you and miss you oodles. Lolly
Janell, love the pics of your dad. Are you getting ready for your third? Sounds like you are doing good. Love Heidi
Janell, It has truly been my pleasure and honor to be your Daddy and the Daddy of your 3 awesome sisters. Time has gone by way too fast. Now that I look back, I can't remember enough, I wish I could re-live it all again, so I could enjoy it so much more. Yup, I guess you could say I was a rough and tumble guy, before I met your Mommy, my one and only true soul mate. You figure I had to wait 27 years, 359 days, to meet my one and only true love. My life was spared more times than I can remember, I knew I was to become a Father. I imagined we would have, boy,girl,boy,girl, but when it turned out to be girl, girl,girl,girl, I couldn't have been happier or more excited to be the proud Daddy of 4 beautiful, awesome, and phenomenal daughters. Being a Husband, Daddy and Papa has been the highlight of my life. All of my other achievements fall far below on the list. Thank you for the memories and remember it is my pleasure and honor to be your Daddy. Love and Forever, your Daddy.
Post a Comment