Once upon a time...not too long ago..(yesterday)..Ethan was at school and Hayley and Brooklyn were sound asleep during their afternoon nap (or so I thought). So, I decided to sneak in a little nap myself. After about 20 minutes, I opened my eyes and saw Hayley standing right in front of me. As my eyes began to focus, I came to the realization that something just wasn't right. Why was Hayley's hair so shiny? Why did it look like she had just smeared an entire jar of Petroleum in it? Um....because SHE DID! My naughty little girl had spent the last hour shampooing her hair with Vaseline. She instantly knew from the expression on my face that I was not happy with her antics. After having a nice long talk about why we don't put vaseline in our hair, we carried on with our day. I was tempted to wash it out but just couldn't bear the thought of depriving Jeff from witnessing the mess for himself...so she lived in her grease for the rest of the day. Later that evening, I left Jeff to bathe the kids and put them to bed while I attended a school meeting (convenient, huh!) By the time it was over, I thought for sure the kids would be clean and tucked in their beds. Reality check! When I walked through the door, Jeff was knee deep in Shampoo trying desperately to remove the vaseline from Hayley's head. He had washed it 7 times and it was still as greasy as ever. Of course it was....vaseline repels liquid. So, we decided to put her to bed and turn to google for a solution. Wikipedia came through.....Olive oil and Dish Soap.
11 comments:
oh no! Well...now you know exactly what to do if your kids get lice. I used to work at Orangewood Childrens home in Orange County (where abused children go) and when they came in with lice, we'd smother their head in vasiline. That kills the lice and their eggs....then after like 3 days of keeping a bag of vasiline over their head we'd pull out the dish soap. Greasy mess, but it works! Glad google pulled through for you!
That is just crazy smelly. I hate to say that you deserve that one. She must have learned that from her mother. Well I am so glad to here that you were able to get it out. Love ya
hehe! Too funny! It is only funny because it didn't happen to me. Oh, what kids do when we think they are asleep. Our Hailey has been know to give herself body art.
Oh my word! That's crazy her hair didn't come clean at all with shampoo. Thank goodness for people sharing their knowledge on the net!
Oh my goodness! Mad has done stuff like that twice already. Once A&D Ointment, which stinks, and some kind of half-liquidy candle that smelled nice from far away and not nice smeared all over an entire body. I never tried to get it out with olive oil, but I did use dawn de-greasing dish soap and clarifying shampoo and everything else. Nothing worked, but time. It's so funny and at least you took pictures to document. I don't think I did.
I actually laughed out loud at this! Sorry your nap got cut short to find a disaster!
Funny!! I just had another friends little girl do the exact same thing. I have some on my bedside table. Maybe I should find a new place for it!!!!
Oh my goodness!!!! How can you be mad at her she
is so stinkin cute!:) Miss you guys!!:)
You have some mischievious kids, Janell. Where do they get that from?
Great post! You are such a witty writer!
Sadly that is about what my hair looks like with grease before I decide to wash it myself! Usually I don't even wash mine, I just dust a cloud of baby powder (trick from a friend I know :)) then I am good to go for another week or so.
That girl is too dang cute! Even plastered in vaseline, she is still precious. I sure miss her!
now I will know what to do when this happens to me... that is crazy! I would have thought it would come out with just shampoo.. hey, I actually tried to call you today but the number I have for you says it is disconnected. Can you e-mail me your number when you get a chance! :)
Post a Comment