Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Brooklyn's Blessing Day and some other stuff

My parents flew out for Brooklyn's baby blessing this past Sunday. We crammed a lot in on their 5 day visit! It was a nice break from the daily grind. Here are a few of our adventures:

Valley Forge Park

This gorgeous park is only 15 min from our house and it's the 1st time I've been there after living here over 3 years. Pathetic, I know. I really should get out more!


Brooklyn on Grandma's lap. She's already 2 1/2 months old. She's really starting to connect and smile. It's amazing how it just never gets old!


Grandma giving Brook a bath. Look at all that chub!

Time Out for Women!
My dear friend, Karine, said this was a can't miss event. I'm so glad I listened to her because they came to Philadelphia this past weekend and it was exactly what I needed. You leave the day feeling like you can conquer the world and that what we do as women really does in fact matter and make a difference. The speaker's were all fantastic and the music was very inspiring. Hillary Weeks was the musical performer...she's one of my favorite church artists. We were the 1st one's in line and got to sit at the very front. Worth the time and money if you get an opportunity to go.


Hillary Weeks has a great new CD out. She is actually even better to listen to in person. She's also very funny! It was so cool to meet her.
Brooklyn's Blessing Day


Brooklyn had the hiccups during her blessing but still managed to contain the cries.
Green Lane Park
The fall colors are almost in full bloom. This is one of our favorite parks in the area. It's hard to stay inside for even a minute when the weather is nice and the fall colors are out.




We miss you already mom and dad. Thanks for a great trip!!

13 comments:

Heidi said...

Janell, what cute pics!! PA is so beautiful! Brooklyn is definitely not missing any meals. I'll give you a call. Can you e-mail me your number? I got a new phone. Love ya! Heidi

Katie Morgan said...

I can't believe Brooklyn is 2 1/2 months already!! Time sure does fly! Love and miss ya!

mjewett said...

NO, NO, it can't be over already! As soon as I walked in the door, I opened your blog...I couldn't wait to see the pics. I cried all the way home, I'm addicted to your sweet children, Brooklyn is my special connection to heaven right now. We had so much fun, and made many "Precious Memories". Thanks for taking such good care of us, feeding us such good food, taking us on great adventures, sharing Brooklyn's Blessing, and most of all just letting us hug and kiss all of you. Miss you more than ever, Mommy

shanda said...

So not fare. Brookie looks just like Hayhay. When she was little. I am so glad that to got to have a fun week with mom and dad. I miss you and can't wait 39 days wahooooooooooooooo

Karine said...

Ruby Red,
Can I just say that you just made my month!! With all the blog updates, I was as giddy as a child on Christmas. I feel as though I am a fat kid with a large delicous chocolate bar to devour! And devour is just what I did with your blog!
It was SO wonderful to see updated pics of the family, and especially to see what you have been up to lately! But oh, how it makes me miss you all that much more! Your blog is my heroine and you are my dealer. Please keep dealing, to keep me high!
Love ya oodles,
Neenie Bops

Trish the Dish said...

Great pictures! She's a pretty little baby. And you look fabulous - way to go mama!

Lara said...

What a blessing that you get to have your parents come visit despite the distance. Your family looks great! Love to all!

Jamie said...

congrats! you have a beautiful family! how great your parents came for the blessing! your dad has a little Uchtdorf look about him. i mean that as a complement! he has a kind face. i sure miss you guys!

Ashley H. said...

Brooklyn's blessing was really nice. She looked beautiful. I'm glad you finally were able to go to Valley Forge! It seems that whenever someone comes to visit us we go there. Luckily, Tyler has memorized what to say durning the car tour now. What awesome photographer took the picture of your whole family bye-the-way?hehe

Susan said...

Janell, you look like you were meant to be a mother of 3 or more. You make it look so easy!

Anonymous said...

that baby is adorable!

Stephanie said...

I love the all of the pictures!! How great to be able to have your parents come out. Brooklyn is just so precious! What a great family

Hollie said...

Why is it that you look so hot and you just had a baby, who is adorable by the way!