Monday, September 8, 2008

Roll out he red carpet...Karine comes for a visit!

My dear friend, Karine, flew all the way from Washington State to visit us. She left her two adorable kids with her husband and mom (I'm hoping they'll someday forgive me) for 5 days. She moved out of our ward in PA over a year ago and I've been mourning ever since. Her fun personality and sense of humor was exactly what I needed at this crazy time in my life. Here are a few of our adventures:


Little did she know that rather than a limo, there was a nice old beat up Honda waiting in the parking lot for her. It's all about image baby!


What's a trip to PA without vising the Shady Maple Smorgasbord for breakfast? Karine's looks very awake considering she had only had 5 hours of sleep.


I just love this picture of Hayley. This is her "I like you but don't want to make it too obvious" look.


We spent Labor day at Blue Marsh Lake in Reading. We had planned on heading out to the shore for the day but couldn't due to medical waste washing up on the Jersey beaches. We later found out that a local dentist dumped all of his medical waste in a stream that led to the ocean. Go figure. Blue Marsh ended up being a great place to spend the day anyway.


Brooklyn enjoing her 1st trip to a lake


My favorite girls...Melia, Anastasia and Karine


Shaka baby!!


Just a cool picture


Karine on the day she went home...I miss her already. Thanks for a great trip!

7 comments:

carlee said...

HOw nice for her to come visit. Looks like great times. Oh I miss that east coast life. Adorable pic of your kids. wow!

Lara said...

Must be nice to leave the kids for 5 days and go for a trip--lucky her!!

just me (Angie) said...

you look you had a great time. I really do miss you guys. I cant believe how much your childrens baby pictures look so much alike

Karine said...

Ruby Red,
I would love to meet your friend, she sounds to good to be true. Oh, silly me, you are talking about ME!

I can't tell you how much I miss you and your amazing family. It was beyond wonderful to meet Brooklyn, and to spend time with you. But I must say, that it has opened up the wounds once again, of not having you close by. We can only cross our fingers, and pray to Allah that you end up in our neck of the woods!
Take care, and hang in there. You are doing an awesome job as a wife and mother!
Love ya,
Neenie-Bops

shanda said...

Janell I am so glad that she could come and see you. I love all of the pics that you poseted. I so miss you. Can't wait to see you and your family.

Christina said...

Gotta love good friends!

Anonymous said...

I love to see my sister on your blog! she needs one of her own, how sad i have to go to yours to see her! :) but i love to see yours and all the happenings with your sweet family. so cute.