Thursday, August 14, 2008

Survived the 1st 2 weeks!

Brooklyn is 2 weeks old today. I would say the time has gone by fast, but I'd be lying. I honestly can't believe she's only been a part of our family for 2 weeks. I already can't imagine what my life would be like without her. She truly is a special baby. She still never cries. She only wakes up twice in the middle of the night to eat and just swaks at me to let me know she's hungry. My only complaint is that I swear the girl has retractable teeth. Can gums really be that sharp?

Healing from my C-Section has been a slow process. It's amazing how quickly I forget just how painful it is. My parents and older sister came out to help me during the first week and a half and I don't know how I would have survived without them. Unfortunately, my help had to leave the day I ran out of Percocet. The was the day I realized I really wasn't doing as well as I thought. But, each day gets a little easier. Ethan and Hayley are amazing with Brooklyn. Hayley can't walk by her without covering her in kisses. She also loves to layer her in blankets. There is nothing that brings me more joy than watching them adore her. Here's a few pictures..


Brooklyn at 1 week old


Snuggling with Aunt Lisa. She's flown many miles to help me at every one of my kids birth's. Thanks so much sis!


All grown up at 2 weeks old


I still can't believe they're all mine??!!!

24 comments:

Erin said...

I am so sorry for all the pain from the c-section. I wish I could be there to help out. That's awesome that Brooklyn is such a good baby, though. At least you don't have a fussy one to make things harder with the pain. And I know what you mean about the gums!! Oh my gosh, Madelyn would bite me with them and I would ache for 20 minutes after. It was almost worse than teeth. I hope you get feeling better soon. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Kendyl said...

Simply beautiful! Good luck, hang in there...

Susan said...

I love her dark hair. Keep posting more pics. They grow up and change so fast!

carlee said...

Wow, she is just beautiful! Congrats on another adorable child. I loved the video, thanks for making my eyes water! so cute. HOpe you are healing well and three kids are treating you good. we miss you

Ally said...

2 weeks!?! I can't believe it has gone by so quickly--and slowly. You are great Janell. Keep your chin up, it will only get better from here. Give Brooklyn a kiss from us.

shanda said...

Jeff and Janell you make such cute kids. I will buy your next on ok. I am sorry that you hert. I wish that I could be there to help you. I miss you and your kids tons. I want to give them lots of hugs and kisses. LOVE YOU

Christina said...

Simply beautiful!

mjewett said...

Unfair ~ you get to hug and kiss all of them everyday! Wish we ALL lived in one big house that had a special room for Papa and Nanna, (per Hayley) to spend all of our hours playing with ALL of our cute G-kids, (doesn't hurt to dream). We love you Opie Eyes.......just please don't bite mommy anymore, 'k?

Hollie said...

your kids are just all so stinkin cute. i just got back from our yellowstone trip and we went through rexburg. the temple there is so pretty and huge! the city has changed so much, but of course, it brought back memories. the time is flying by and now we both have kids! it is so wierd to think how 9 months changes our whole lives and our whole world. congratulations. brooklyn is beautiful. Beautiful brookie! that is a cute nickname! :)

Karine said...

Of course you survived the first 2 weeks, didn't you know you are a total ROCK STAR!! You are completely the toughest cookie I know!
If these couple weeks were challenging for you, that means it would have killed the likes of me. You are my hero, and inspiration! Thanks for being such a great example of an amazing mom, and how to be an extrodinary friend!
Love ya Ruby Red,
Neenie-Bops
PS see you very soon! Yeehaw!

holly said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!!

Carebear said...

Janell!! Your kids are beautiful! Good to see you're happy and doing pretty well.

Lorena said...

Your kiddos are adorable!

Steve and Rebecca said...

C-Sections don't sound too fun. Wish I could take Ethan and Hailey for you. What a bunch of cute kids! Love ya!

Jared said...

Awesome little kid there guys. Good work Jeff! You did all the heavy lifting and get all the credit. :)

The Plewe Clan said...

Hi...do you remember me...Kelly Skeen...anyway it is Plewe now but I just found your blog through Kendyl...congrats on your new baby. You look fantastic pregnant! Hope you are recovering OK-those c-sections are painful (I have had 3). Hope to keep in touch...

Foster Family said...

I miss you all so much! I am so lucky to have been the one to spend such precious time with your amazing family. Love and miss you all oodles!

Lara said...

Come visit soon!

Stephanie said...

I love the picture of your three kids...so ADORABLE!!!

Jamie said...

She is beautiful, fits right in with your family! I hope the very best for you guys! I'm so happy she is here and healthy.
Talk to you soon
Jamie

Emily said...

I don't know if you will see this, but upon seeing Ally had her baby, I checked out your blog as well and saw that you have a third. Our third is amazing! She has been a delight from day one. Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing great and I would love to keep in touch with you better.

Katie Morgan said...

OH MY GOSH!! That family picture is adorable!! Hope all is well.
Katie

Trish the Dish said...

Wow Janell, your kids are beautiful! Especially, I have to say - you little guy's eyes are gorgeous. They're going to break some hearts one day for sure! :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on your new little one! she's beautiful!!