Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Still alive and kicking

It's been forever since my last blog. I wish I could say it was because of some amazing exotic trip we've been on for the last month but instead I'm sorry to report that I've had another round of sickness hit my home. This time, one of my worst fears came to fruition: 3 sick kids and a sick husband. It was a nightmare. There was a day where all of my kids were crying for me and my undivided attention and there just wasn't enough of me to go around. I went almost a week without sleep (literally only 20 min of sleep a night) because of cleaning up throw up or medicating fevers, consoling crying kids in pain.....it was the worst. Then, out of the blue, Jeff started to complain of really severe headaches. The guy rarely gets sick. In fact, he hasn't seen his doctor the entire time we've lived here. His headaches were so bad that he was puking through the night. The next day, the doctor said he thought Jeff might have a leaking aneurism or possible viral meningitis. What?? I was freaking out. We were literally a week away from graduation and our family was going through our own personal hell!

Now for the good news: Jeff and the kids are doing much better. Jeff's cat scan and bloodwork came out okay and the doctor still has no idea what caused him to get so sick. Everyone is on the mend and we are 2 days away from Jeff's big day. My parents, sister and her family and Jeff's brother and family are all here for graduation. Our house is under contract and we are scheduled to close on June 15th. We found a house to rent closer to Philly and are planning on moving in on June 10th. Things are all falling into place but it has been a crazy couple of months. Here are a few pics of what we've been up to over the last few months:


Hayley and her soul mate Alex


Kids learning one of Anastasia's Easter traditions


The only Easter picture that didn't come out blurry


A visit to the new Please Touch Museum




Brooklyn's 1st Merry Go Round Ride....this was one of the few moments she wasn't licking the pole




Ethan's field trip to the local zoo


Jeff was inducted into an honors society for his academics (don't remember the name of it). I'm pretty proud of him!


One of Ethan's favorite past times...building TP towers

Stay tuned for pics of Jeff's graduation. Can't believe it's actually here!

9 comments:

About Me said...

That is too bad I hate having a sick husband! Congrats about the house and Graduation!!!

Foster Family said...

You are so amazing! You have so much going on and you still have time to fit in a new post. I have not posted in so long I need to be taught again. I am so glad everyone is feeling better and I am so proud of Jeff! Wish I was there to celebrate , I sure love you all!Lolly

wenselgang said...

Congrats to the both of you for all your hard work!

Lara said...

Janell, I'm just so glad you didn't get sick too because that truly would have been the worst, huh? Some of the worst times in my life have been when the kids and I are all sick together with no one to take care of us. Anyway, con-GRAD-ulations to Jeff (and his wife, of course) on the big event!!!

Jamie said...

how can the cutest kids keep getting cuter??? (is that how you spell cute-er?) anyway, your family looks great, and you look fantastic! oh, tell jeff congrats! what a big day for you two!!!

Karine said...

Congrats on graduation!! We are so ectatic for your family. I am also so thankful you sold your home. All these blessings couldn't go to a more deserving family.
We love and miss you guys terribly!
Take care,
Karine
PS Janell...you look freaking gorgeous! I love your hair, what a hottie-boom-ballotie!!

Hickman Family said...

UGH!! I hate when one is sick, I can't imagine all of them at once!!! So glad they are all better, and everything is working out. Congrats on graduation!!

Ashley H. said...

I'm so glad you guys are feeling better. What a disaster! It was fun to "bump" into you at GIANT today before we took off. Good luck with packing!

Steve and Rebecca said...

My kids love to stack up out Costco TP too!