Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dr. Gregerson

Can't believe it! Graduation day finally came.........and went so quickly that I could barely take it all in. 4 years (actually 8 including undergraduate school) of build up all came down to this day. Graduation was held at the Academy of Music in Center City, Philadelphia. A few colorful jokes and a politically incorrect (but funny) speech later, Jeff morphed from a student doctor to an official Dr. in a matter of seconds. Here's a little video of the moment:


(if you look closely, you'll see Hayley about to cry as she tries to understand why there are hundreds of people staring at her)




It's hard to believe that when we started this dental school journey that we only had Ethan and he was just over a year old.

Jeff's cheering section. My parents and sister and fam on the left and Jeff's brother and family on the right. We're so grateful that they all traveled so far to support Jeff on his big day!


Me and my sista, Stacy


Grubbin it up at the reception


Ethan and his cousin Aidan. These two were inseparable

A few nights before graduation, Jeff and I attended the senior dinner at the Charthouse in Penn's Landing. It was great to be able to see everybody before we all separate across the country.

Some of the wives...I think we'll always have a unique connection having gone through this together.


That's the Delaware river behind us. It was a gorgeous night!


I'm really going to miss you Taralie! I don't know what I would have done without you!


Jeff and his carpool buddies. These guys spent almost 3 hours a day in the car driving to and from school for 3 years. Can't believe they can still stand the sight of each other! haha


This is a video of Ashley Heid singing a solo at graduation. Her singing group, The Impressions, were her backup singers. She sounded awesome! (hope it's okay that I posted this Ash)


Dr. Jeffrey Boyd Gregerson, DMD

Jeff, words cannot begin to describe how proud of you we are. I get emotional every time I think about the roller coaster ride we've been through over the last 4 years. You worked your tail off and finished with your honor and your integrity still in tact. I'm so grateful for your dedication to do and to be your best....always. We love you! Congrats!

18 comments:

Foster Family said...

We are so proud of all of you. We realize what sacrifices you all made during this and you made it!Jeff you are amazing and Janell your family looked so beautiful that day. Love your hair!What an amazing accomplishment and we love you all so much.Lolly

Ally said...

That is seriously so stinking cool! I am so excited and proud of you all for making it through. Congrats!! We love you!

Christina said...

way to go jeff!

shanda said...

I just want you to know that I fell so blessed to have you as my brohter Jeff, I started to cry when I watched the video of you walking. I am so so so proud of you and your family. I love you so much

Lorena said...

Congratulations! :)

Marie said...

We can't see through our tears. Thank you so much for including us in your awesome day. Our appreciation for you and your many accomplishments is over the top. (You're family is pretty darn cute)

You go Dr Jeff! Mom and Dad J

Hickman Family said...

Oh what an amazing accomplishment!! So glad you guys are done, but sad for us, we will miss you....you are still not too far, which is great...Congrats on graduation!

Lara said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures, etc. Congratulations to you all!

Jamie said...

you tell him congrats! wow!!! what a big feat for you both!
janell, you're a foxy lady! (is that ok to say???) lol!

Katie Morgan said...

Well, congratulations are DEFINITELY in order! What a relief off your shoulders! And an exciting new adventure coming your way! What are your plans now? LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!

The Homely Animal said...

A million congrats to you guys!! You made it!! The pics were great and the video so cute/fun :)

Karine said...

Great, I didn't want to get emotional, but it was inevitable with this post. Jeff and Janell, you both are such an inspiration and example to me in my own life. I have seen through your hard work, sacrifice, and dedication, that truly one can achieve his dreams! We are so proud of you, and so thankful to call you our friends.
Love ya,
Karine and Corihor

PS I love how miss Hay-Hay gets left behind on stage, she does it with style!

wenselgang said...

Way to go Gregersons! That was so neat that you took your kids across the stage with you.

saramoon said...

What a sweet video! Congrats to your hubby on his accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

It's been a little while since I've been able to read blogs.
Congratulations Jeff and Janell! We really wish we could have been there!
What an amazing accomplishment!
Wow! Wow! Wow! Dr. Gregerson! Way to go! We're looking forward to seeing what's next in the journey!
We love you and are very proud of you!
Love, Rachelle and Greg

Steve and Rebecca said...

Congrats!! That is SO exciting!! Seeing Jeff with your 3 kids reminded me of when Steve graduated from optometry school and there was a girl who graduated with him that walked with her 3 kids that she had had while in school!! So amazing!! I love your hair too. You guys look great

Hollie said...

Congratulations! And yippee! You are done! That is so wonderful! I am so excited for you guys. Where to now?

Ashley H. said...

Congrats to both of you! I can't believe we all survived! You are so funny to post me singing...thanks for the compliment. I will really miss your awesome voice. Maybe you'll finally decide to give me a CD some day! We miss you guys and hope Philly isn't too hot right now!