Sunday, May 18, 2008

Prom Night

Many of you know I have been working as a cheuffeur for a Limousine Company. I've been doing this for almost a year now. I've been meaning to quit for about 3 months now but I enjoy it so much that I told myself I'd keep working until I just can't fit into my suit anymore. My suit definitely does not fit properly, but with modern technology in maternity contraptions, I'm able to somehow make it work.
Last night I had the opportunity to drive local High School kids around all night for their prom. This was actually my first prom job and I have to say...it was pretty fun. I couldn't help but reflect on my prom almost 15 (yes...I said 15) years ago. Surprisingly, I found that the kids listened to a lot of the same music that I listened to when I was their age... (Pearl Jam, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Matchbox 20, Beastie Boys, etc). One thing that has definitely changed are prom dresses. Let's just say that there was little left to the imagination. I saw a lot of pink and blue dresses. Overall, the kids behaved really well. I just can't believe how fast time has gone by. It seems like just yesterday that I was that headstrong teenager that thought I knew everything about everything.

Me and the kids in front of one of the Limo's. That sign is what I have to hold up at the airport to find my clients.



The kids (that includes Jeff, of course) love to go for rides in the Limo while mommy cheuffeur's them around the neighborhood. It's nice to dream about one day owning a vehicle that does not feel like you're off roading even though you're driving on a newly paved road!

12 comments:

Ashley said...

I always wondered what your ride looked like. I still am in total amazement that you drive a limo. Do you need a special license for this?

Lara said...

I've never been in a limo, so I wished I live closer so I could check out your ride.

Katrina said...

I think that this is such a cool job! How do you do it though?? I mean with Jeff being in school? John is hardly able to give me a night out once a month!! I love that you get to do it though. Doing something different from being a mom all day is great-even if it's a job! You go girl!

Foster Family said...

When I come can I have a ride? J/K You look amazing and I love ya. Lisa

Fetcher said...

Ahhh ... Prom ....

As for the dresses of today ... if they're that bad now, imagine when my girls are ready for their Prom night? I'm cleaning my guns and sharpening my knife collection now, just to be sure I'm good and scary for Allison's date.

shanda said...

janell this is so cute. I think that you are so beautiful and so are your kids. I miss you and can't wate for thanks giving

Christina said...

What a fun job! What is your favorite part about it? I think I would like stuff like prom and getting to feel young again.

Anonymous said...

What a great picture in the back of the limo! Thanks for posting. It was fun to read about prom. You definitely have an interesting job.
Way cool!

ELMtreephotography said...

Hey there Janell! It sure is fun to see your cute family - congrats on #3! Motherhood is wonderful...Emily (Southwick) Wensel

mjewett said...

Nellio, You never cease to amaze me. Just when I think you've captured the best photo ever, you publish another one. Your "3" kids in the back seat, what a riot I just wish they could have shown a little more enthusiasm....JK. I'm so proud of you. Can't wait for baby #3 and to hug all of you. Seems like our vacation was so long ago already. The pic of the kids walking hand in hand on the beach could win a prize, it made me cry.
Miss you,
Moppy

Hollie said...

Love it, love it, love it, don't even hate it! Remember the music we listened too? Boyz 2 men, Sarah mclachlan, even a little toni braxton "unbreak my fart". Thought I'd take you back ten years, fifteen is way too long ago! :)

Karine said...

Ruby,
You are the hottest limo driver ever, and you can't even tell you are knocked up! I refuse to prego at the same time as you, because you will put my chubby bootay to shame!
Love the pics and post. Hang in there girl, and call me ANYTIME!
Love ya tons,
Karine-Bean