Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day from he@&%$!!

Sorry for the title. But, there's really no other way to describe it. Motherhood kicks me in the rear end quite often, but a couple of days ago, it kicked me right off a cliff. All 3 of my kids were sick...and with different illnesses. To top it off, Jeff is sick too (which is like having another sick child). Anyway, I was holding Ethan on one knee trying to help him puke into a bowl instead of on the couch, and was holding Brooklyn on the other knee because she was crying literally all day (still not sure what she has yet) and poor Hayley was sitting on the other couch crying because Ethan and Brooklyn were not happy. I took Hayley to the doctor yesterday thinking she had an ear infection but found out that she actually had a fever blister on her ear drum. OUCH!! I had no idea that was possible. Apparently, it's a virus but not contagious. Basically, they're just in excruciating pain for a week to 10 days with no known treatment. So, needless to say, the entire day was a nightmare and I hope I never have to experience that again. Kids are feeling better. I love the Fall but hate that with the start of school and the drastic change in temperature that it brings about all sorts of fun illnesses to deal with.

One more thing to top off the day....I discovered Ethan had a booger wall. Ewwwww. Boys are gross!

10 comments:

Karine said...

Oh...MY...STARS!! Are you kidding me? I almost had an anxiety attack while reading your situation. Literally, I might have to take a Xanax after I finish typing this! You are such a trooper, I know if I were you I would have been committed like 2 kids ago!
You are such an awesome mommy and your kids are products of the great care and love they recieve. So sorry they are ill. I will be praying for their recovery, but more importantly, I will be praying for your soul!
Love ya Smokey Eyes!

Erin said...

Oh my gosh, Janell, how do you do it? Poor thing! I hope poor Hayley feels better soon. We love you and I wish I was there to help out in some way.

The booger wall thing WAS kind of funny. I haven't found one from Aidan yet, hopefully I won't ever. Love ya!

Katrina said...

The booger wall is still making me laugh!! I had four brothers and I remember them doing really gross things like that! Too funny!

I am so glad that the kids are getting better. There really is not much worse than that!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the kiddos (including Jeff) being sick. I definitely agree with you that your day was definitely crappy and the title was perfect. I hope you don't get sick too. That's the worst...when you and the kids are sick. We've been battling a virus here too...not as bad as yours though...I'll let you win that one.
I understand the booger wall...I've cleaned a few from my kids (not just boys) over the years.
Good luck staying healthy with school in session!

Katie Morgan said...

even though it's pretty gross, I hope that booger wall gave you a good laugh! (It did for me!) :)

Jamie said...

your killing me with the booger wall. LOL!
i'm so sorry you had such a crapy day. i'm sure things are getting better. but what a day at that!!!
good luck with the little ones!

dawn said...

What would you do for a Klondite bar?...send your story in who knows maybe you'll pay some student loans with this sob story...lol hang in there :o)

Jenny said...

Janell. You are the coolest mom ever. And to think, you came to YW's that night with a smile on your face.

Remarkable!

x0x0

Lara said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood! I'm just glad you weren't sick as well. Believe me! I been there!!

Unknown said...

OH that is one bad mommy moment!!! i wish I could help. love the booger wall...boys..they never cease to gross me out. :) I hope you all are getting better